Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm bad! I had to put the other books I'm reading aside. J.D. Robb's new book Promises in Death came in to the library and I just had to read it! It's very good! I just love Eve's reactions to everything! What a ride! Wouldn't you just love to be able to zip up into the air and get around traffic! I have gotten behind so many slooooow people this week. Can't they just at least go the speed limit?!?!
I love her reaction to Mavis's baby too! Hilarious! It's amazing how she can keep coming up with new stories! I think this is #37! Her next comes out in November Kindred in Death and then The Lost Anthology comes out in December. I need to add them to my Shelfari list so I don't forget!
I need to go work in the garden. I have been waiting to rake out the rest of the leaves cause I thought I might freeze again but the weather has been so warm and the roses are starting to bud out so I might as well get it over with. I need to get a Farmer's Almanac to see if it's okay to go ahead and plant my lavender in the flower bed or if I should plant it in a pot for now.
I also bought a honeysuckle and another rosemary bush for my Dad's house and I'd like to get them planted too.
The grass has been so bare the last few years. I need to water it more but we're supposed to conserve water. How can you win? Maybe I need to work some manure into the soil. Won't my neighbors love me?!? The horse manure I worked into the flower beds was very good for the soil and the plants and the grass that loves to grow there (where I don't want it) instead of where I do want it.
No pictures this time but my pineapple sage is starting to bloom and my miniature rose has another bud on it. Oh, I bought some red salvia plants. The leaves are so pretty and I love the red color next to the green leaves. I might buy some blue ones next time I go to town. They're supposed to be good in the sun.
I'm going to be making costumes for two of my grandkids today. One needs to be a walnut and the other needs to be an owl in their school program. We picked out the fabric yesterday. It's going to be an adventure, I'm sure!
Well, I guess I better get to work!

No comments: