Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm listening to a great book!  The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley is an awesome book.  Flavia is such a great character.   She was also great in The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie.  The stories are read by Jayne Entwhistle (don't you just love her name?!?) and her English accent makes them a pleasure to listen to. 
I've finished another block in my hand pieced quilt and I'm terrible!  I started another quilt!  We don't have a book budget at the library so I decided to donate a quilt (actually 2, one for a girl and one for a boy) to raffle off for money for children's books.  I've got the girl's quilt cut out, I just need to piece it together and quilt it.  We'll see how well they do! 
I also found one in the new Fons & Porter magazine that I want to do - the watermelon quilt on the cover.  I've always wanted to have a quilt or two to sit/lay on to watch the Fourth of July fireworks.  This one looks perfect!!! 
Time to get busy!!!

No comments: