Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's time to get back to my blog. My Dad passed away and there's been so much to do and so many people to talk to that I have been totally drained.

I spent all day yesterday catching up on yard work--pruning trees and bushes and roses, mowing the lawn, planting seeds and plants (some cute little petunias) and watering. Enjoyable but tiring. I spent last Saturday working in my Dad's yard doing the same thing except for the planting. I have some honeysuckle that I need to plant but I haven't had the time to go out and get the horse manure to mix with the soil. Have you ever tried manure tea? It's great for the plants, especially in our hard, dry dirt.

I'm down to the last three rows on Nate's quilt. I am so anxious to work on some other quilts but I'm determined to get his done first! Debbie Mumm's new book looks good!

I read The 8th Confession by James Patterson. It was a very good, fast read. I also read Committed which was just the book I needed right now. Light, funny and very enjoyable. I'm also enjoying Tea at Glenbrooke and I can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful comments about my Christmas quilt. I'm glad you are enjoying it. It was a challenge for a beginning appliquer but it was so much fun!

No comments: